And other stuff!
Man, I am all over the goddamn place. Want to read some other stuff I wrote? Here’s a load of stories around the web and in print.
Fiction That’s Totally Free, No Foolin’!
- WORLD’S GREATEST DAD – DEADLY TREATS
- BREAKING IN THE NEW GUY
- DARK AS A DUNGEON
- ROSALIE’S BIG DAY – Crime Factory – Issue #5
- COME TO JESUS – Plots With Guns
- SUMO – Thrilling Detective
- AND THE DEVIL WILL DRAG YOU UNDER – Spinetingler Magazine
- THREE CARD MONTE – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- GOING HOME – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- HIDE A THOUSAND SINS – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- BABETTE – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- PROMISED LAND – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- A DIFFERENT MAN – Originally in Flashing In The Gutters
- HIGHER POWER
- BEAUTIFUL PLACES – Originally at The Clarity of Night
- THE REAL PHILIP MARLOWE – In 1938 the LAPD tried to assassinate private detective Harry Raymond, one of the inspirations for Chandler’s iconic character – FATALE #4, April 2012
- Pulp’s Golden Age Action Heroes Reborn – Are we seeing a resurgence of action hero pulp?
- RAYMOND CHANDLER WAS AN ASSHOLE – Some thoughts on L.A.’s most famous author of detective fiction
- L.A. VOICE – Politics and power in The City of The Angels
Stories You Gotta Buy Or Steal!
- RHAPSODY IN BLUE SHIFT – FIRESIDE MAGAZINE
- DON’T LOSE YOUR PATIENTS – DON’T READ THIS BOOK
- LIKE THAT JAPANESE CHICK WHAT BROKE UP VAN HALEN – UNCAGE ME
- FOR THE CHILDREN – Needle Magazine
- Russel D. Mclean’s site – Talking about the hazards of a missing O and the wonders of startling profanity.
- Chris F. Holm’s site – Talking about the cover and art for CITY OF THE LOST by comic artist Sean Phillips
- Do Some Damage – Talking about indie bookstores
- The Qwillery – Talking about noir and the paranormal. In real life. Our Lady Of The Shadows
- Musings Of An All-Purpose Monkey – Talking about my take on weird L.A. The City of Strange Angels
- Chuck Wendig’s site – Talking about how not to be scared shitless that I have a new book. Terror And The Debut Author
- John Scalzi’s Whatever – The Big Idea behind CITY OF THE LOST
- Penguin Books talking about world building, unsympathetic characters, mixing up genres and wrapping up today with the nightmare that is Revisions.